Did You Enjoy Reading About Our Recent Health Topics? Visit These Helpful Resources to Find Out More
Learning more about how nutrition and disease prevention can help you stay looking and feeling great. If you have any further questions about the topics discussed in our recent blogs, contact Riverside Community Hospital today at (951) 788-3000.The following links contain more information about lowering your risk factors for heart disease, eating well, losing weight, and more.
- Heart disease is the number one cause of death for men and women of the United States. You can see more of the statistics associated with heart disease on the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention website.
- Taking good care of your teeth and gums may help to reduce your risk for heart disease and many other serious health conditions. Read this paper from the American Heart Association journal Circulation to find out more about the oral hygiene-heart disease connection.
- Are you taking control of your heart disease risk factors? Learn how you can lower your risk of cardiovascular disease on the National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute website.
- Signing up to be an organ, tissue, or eye donor can help you to save up to eight lives. Read more about donating the gift of life on OrganDonor.gov.
- To prevent rejection of a transplant organ, the immune system is tricked not to attack the new organ. Visit TransplantLiving.org to learn more about life after a transplant.
- To help Americans lose weight and practice healthy eating habits, the United States Department of Agriculture has put together a helpful food guidance system found on ChooseMyPlate.gov.
- Endometriosis is a common health problem that occurs when endometrial tissue grows outside of the uterus. Read more about this condition on WomensHealth.gov.
- The American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists also provides more helpful information about the diagnosis and treatment of endometriosis.
- If you are considering bariatric surgery, visit the American Society for Metabolic & Bariatric Surgery to learn more about the benefits and advantages of weight loss procedures.
- You can find a comprehensive overview of bariatric surgery and how it can help to resolve severe obesity on the Weight-Control Information Network.