A Quick Look at da Vinci Prostatectomy
For some men diagnosed with prostate cancer, surgery is the best option for treatment and recovery. In the past, the partial or whole removal of the prostate was a particularly complex procedure, as numerous delicate structures and nerves surround this small gland. With the introduction of the da Vinci surgical system, prostate cancer patients can now receive the surgical treatment they need with far fewer postoperative complications. Da Vinci prostatectomy allows cancer care surgeons to nimbly navigate the prostate area and remove the diseased gland without affecting nearby organs. This type of treatment incurs a lower rate of postoperative urinary and erectile dysfunction when compared with traditional surgical methods. Given the small incisions made during robotic surgery, patients often enjoy a quicker recovery as well.
Riverside Community Hospital is proud to offer da Vinci prostatectomy services to eligible patients in the greater Riverside area. Our goal is to provide our cancer patients with the most effective and least invasive treatment options available. Call (951) 788-3000 or visit our website for more information.
- Bariatric Procedure Profile: LapBand Surgical Weight Loss Procedure
- Riverside Community Hospital Names New Chief Medical Officer
- The Well-Woman Exam: Every Woman, Every Year – Scott Hayworth, MD
- Stroke Awareness and Treatment [INFOGRAPHIC]
- Plan Healthier Meals to Manage Your Diabetes Through the Holidays