Aging Gracefully with Prostate Cancer Testing
Is prostate cancer treatment necessary for all men? This video discusses who should get tested for prostate cancer and what measures should be taken if cancer is found.
Most doctors agree that men age 50 and older should get screened for prostate cancer. If cancer is detected, though, patients and their physicians should discuss if treatment is necessary. Some forms of prostate cancer grow at an extremely slow rate. Given that cancer care comes with side effects, it may be preferable to monitor the cancer than treat it. If the cancer is found to be fast moving, patients may then decide to undergo surgery, radiation therapy, or chemotherapy.
Riverside Community Hospital aims to provide patients with the necessary preventative measures for optimal health. If you would like to schedule a prostate cancer screening at our Riverside hospital, call (951) 788-3000.
- Bariatric Procedure Profile: LapBand Surgical Weight Loss Procedure
- Riverside Community Hospital Names New Chief Medical Officer
- The Well-Woman Exam: Every Woman, Every Year – Scott Hayworth, MD
- Stroke Awareness and Treatment [INFOGRAPHIC]
- Riverside Community Hospital Offers Online Pre-Registration to Patients in Riverside County!